Some of the issues they raise--
- Not all strengths are created equally--some matter more than others to the success of individuals and companies;
- Strengths overused become weaknesses;
- Weaknesses really do matter--how many people fail or derail because of their strengths?
- Sometimes your personal strengths are not what is needed to get the job done--For example, strengths in one context may be weaknesses in another;
- We are in danger of developing Lopsided Leadership. As the saying goes "If you are a hammer everything looks like a nail".
Today we need well-rounded leaders who are versatile, adaptable and agile. Yes, understanding and fully developing one's strengths is important. But addressing weaknesses as well creates a more balanced approach to leadership and is a greater recipe for success. Positively!