Today is Thanksgiving, a holiday I really enjoy because it is centered around two of my favorite things: food and my family. It is traditional to "Give Thanks" on this day and though it may seem a bit hokey, what the heck, why not? So I give thanks for the following things--
- I am healthy and happy
- I am engaged in work I really enjoy
- My kids are not in jail, but are actually gainfully employed, healthy and appear to be happy
- Contrary to popular mythology, the empty nest is a good thing, really, trust me on this one
- I have many wonderful friends and family I can count on
- I just had another birthday which means though I am getting older (dread!) it beats the alternative!